Ukraine Notes - The Long War
Firing a shot across the bow with Bullet Points - The Long Telegram.
Observing in advance the inevitable cognitive dissonance so created. Can happen when advancing facts over media faves and their national security apparatus derived, factually sparse, narratives. Indeed, wisdom may come late, yet seldom does it come.
Apart from analyses reasons, the reason I ignore mainstream media is for the same reason I do not dine in the city sewerage system.
"The West is leading Ukraine up the Primrose Path and the result is Ukraine is going to get wrecked" - Dr. John J. Mearsheimer, circa 2016.
- “We’re developing a new citizenry, one that will be very selective about cereals and automobiles, but won’t be able to think”. Rod Serling, creator of The Twilight Zone sci-fi program. 1959-1964.
- “When all think alike, then no one is thinking”. Walter Lippman - Public Opinion, 1922.
- The unchallenged lies become the unquestioned truths. The plethora of media talking heads is intended to sow uncertainty and certainty, about things you should be certain of and things you shouldn't, respectively. Exclusion of unacceptable views is a high art. Politics of Distraction.
- The British Arthur Ponsonby's (Lord Ponsonby) classic 1928 book, Falsehoods in a Time War, summarized . . .
1. We wish not for war.
2. The other country alone is guilty of war.
3. The enemy is inherently evil and resembles the devil.
4. We defend a noble cause, not our own narrow interests.
5. The enemy commits atrocities on purpose; we make involuntary mistakes.
6. The enemy uses forbidden weapons.
7. We suffer small losses, those of the enemy are enormous.
8. Recognized artists and intellectuals back our cause.
9. Our cause is sacred. Their cause is base.
10. All who doubt our public narratives are traitors to our country.
- "The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words". Philip K. Dick.
- Courtesy of the British Ministry of Defense - Integrated Operating Concept (undated publication) page 5 paragraph 3. Word emphasis is theirs:
“The triumph of narrative increasingly determines defeat or victory and hence the importance of information operations. They can be used to support conventional military operations and those utilizing proxies and deniable para-military forces, military coercion, offensive cyber operations, and of course lawfare.
Established techniques such as assassination, deception, economic coercion, espionage, theft of intellectual property and subversion gain potency through the clever use of cyber, digitized information, and social media.
Psychological insights into how these channels can be manipulated enhance their effectiveness.
The combined effect is designed to force an adversary to become politically cowed, thus achieving objectives without the need to escalate above the threshold of war”.
Further remarks are directed to the “cyber and the Electromagnetic Domain”.
I was first acquainted with Israel’s Electronic Integrated Battlefield Concept by a DIofI electronics engineer, 1996. The foreign sales brochure he used resembled this . . .
- Modern media propaganda begins with populist presenters who spend years developing a likeable image, then turn political and so deliver contrived narratives while avoiding difficult questions. Their target audience includes the "educated" class who can talk to having read George Orwell, maybe his lecturer Aldous Huxley as well and cannot see anything that they wrote about if it was in front of them, as indeed it is.
- Paul Wolfowitz Doctrine: "The U.S. must show the leadership necessary to establish and protect a new order that holds the promise of convincing potential competitors that they need not aspire to a greater role or pursue a more aggressive posture to protect their legitimate interests. In non-defense areas, we must account sufficiently for the interests of the advanced industrial nations to discourage them from challenging our leadership or seeking to overturn the established political and economic order. We must maintain the mechanism for deterring potential competitors from even aspiring to a larger regional or global role".
- Madelaine Albright Doctrine: "But if we have to use force, it is because we are America; we are the indispensable nation. We stand tall and we see further than other countries into the future and we see the danger here to all of us. I know that the American men and women in uniform are always prepared to sacrifice for freedom, democracy and the American way of life". Madelaine Albright - NBC, February 19, 1998.
- Vladimir Putin Doctrine: Delivered at his Munich address 2007. "I consider that the unipolar model is not only unacceptable but also impossible in today’s world". Thus so defining the Russian president as the official member of the Bad Boy of the Month Club (until XiJinPing is again awarded the title), so launching a Russian all out assault on the United Forces of Goodness and Freedom which "provoked" them into a Ukraine Proxy War, at other people's cost.
- “People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction rather than surrender any material part of their advantage” - J. K. Galbraith. They are prepared to risk everything, including us, to lose nothing.
- Behind every war, small and large in the past one hundred plus years, lies the dark hand of oil. Check - an oil rig named after Hunter Biden? Gratitude?
- Western unity is now nothing more than Washington dictats. Failure to comply means being treated as an enemy state. To summarize Dr. John Mearsheimer.
- Racism. The fundamental pillar of Western foreign policy. Chinese, Arabic, Russian, African.
- The European Union is a vassal of Washington, exploited for US commercial interests, one of the few (group of) countries left for Washington to do so. African states another. Australia too, as it comes to armaments.
- The United States, wrapped in its self-made cloak of so-called "American exceptionalism", is loath to undertake any action that can be construed as weakening its geopolitical posture, or strengthening that of an adversary, actual or potential. Often observed.
- Countries live by trade. The West focuses obsessively on security and coercive diplomacy as the principle means of power projection, foreign resource exploitation and, for "friendly states", a tax in the form of armament purchases. Raising tensions is a form of political art. Divide and conquer via crisis escalation. This flies very badly in Asia, with long memories of Western colonial interventions. A few exceptions - Japan and South Korea remain under US occupation and the non-democracy of Singapore is run by a pro-Western Chinese clique.
- US dollar dominated in trade, even as the US share of world trade is very much less. The US goes to war to defend the US dollar. Other countries were turkey shoots. Of China and Russia - they can destroy the United States. Washington has a problem it cannot easily solve. A significant deterioration in the US dollar will lead the United States to apply extraction economics on its weaker "allies", as now with The European Union.
- Modern civilization runs on oil, gas, technology, metals, food, fertilizers. The substance of a real economy. Western economies run on service industries, financial speculations, equity trades and Military Keynesianism.
- Wars do not just break out. Years of planning and preparation - armaments manufacturer, targets selections, scenarios and simulations, mission training, intelligence work, provocations overt and covert. US four star General Wesley Clark helpfully informed, late 1990's, of the 7 countries in 5 years planning. Think the M.E. Iraq and Syria and others in North Africa. Has taken more than 5 years. Side Note: Discussion with a Professor of Modern History and former U.N. executive on this cycle - War, Exhaustion, Peace, Preparation for The Next War. We then moved on to the Japanese nuclear weapons industry and the presence of nuclear weapons on Japanese territory, but this is another story.
- Military air shows for the public display interesting aircraft and clever manoeuvers while excluding the smart munitions they drop on other people's countries.
- Western unity is the United States telling other countries, “Do what we tell you to. If other countries don’t do what America tells it to, they’re treated like the enemy . . . have no idea how to . . . attract other countries to it. All the United States can do is . . . We have nothing positive to offer you. We have no trade options to offer you. We have no investment to offer you that will not siphon off your income. All we can do is bomb you and threaten you and sanction you and try to hurt you. That’s the only way the United States and now Europe can relate to the rest of the world". Dr. Michael Hudson.
- A corrupt democracy cannot defeat an efficient autocracy, all other things being equal. XiJinPing plays Go; Vlad Putin plays Chess; Western leaders, whoever they are, play Snakes and Ladders. And all other things are not equal. Circumstances favour China and Russia.
- The West is The World Community. As per the dispensed wisdom . . .
- Winners and losers in this The Ukrainian Proxy War? The United States wins, for a time and Russia in the long run. The ordinary Europeans get ruined but not so the European elites. Fine by Washington. No great union of German industrial power and Russian resources, the perennial British and American fear. Russia has the rest of the world, the majority of it including China, Iran, India and the Global South.
- The Ukraine Proxy War has been planned for going back to early 2000, as reported. "Ukrainian entry into NATO is the brightest of all red lines for the Russian elite . . . for more than two and a half years of conversations with key Russian players . . . I have yet to find anyone who views Ukraine in NATO as anything other than a direct challenge to Russian interests". William Burns, then US Ambassador to Russia. Now CIA Director.
- Retired Colonel Douglas Macgregor, a former special adviser to the Defense Secretary, told a reporter that the Ukrainian people “are almost incidental to the whole operation in the sense that they are there to impale themselves on the Russian army and die in great numbers, because the real goal of this entire thing is the destruction of the Russian state and Vladimir Putin”.
Macgregor expressed his disdain for Secretary of State Anthony Blinken’s appearance on a Stephen Colbert broadcast to “play his guitar” in the band. Now why have I thought that program is a media hangout for the Democratic party? War is hell, but for them?
- "Years ago I was in the Pentagon in the office of a very high official being offered an important appointment. I used the opportunity to ask a question about something that had long puzzled me. How, I asked, does Washington manage to get foreign governments to support Washington’s interests at the expense of their own countries? “Money,” the high Pentagon official said. “You mean foreign aid,” I said. “No", the official said, “we give the political leaders bags full of money. We own them. They report to us". Dr. Paul Roberts, former Deputy Treasury Secretary.
- Conversation between Strategic Air Command base commander and his immediate subordinate to issue the go code to his wing of nuclear armed B-52 bombers to deliver an unprovoked, pre-emptive nuclear strike on Russia. "Mandrake. Do you recall what Clemenceau said about war? Er no. I don't think I do Sir. No. He said War is too important to be left to The Generals. When he said that - 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, War is too important to be left to Politicians. They have neither the time, the training or the inclination for Strategic Thought". Script piece from Dr. Strangelove, 1964.
- Dr. Daniel Ellsberg, Rand nuclear war planner, remarked at the time after seeing the movie that it was not a satire; it was a documentary.
- "The once limited technical functions of the armed forces have expanded to a political role for which their parochial training has not prepared them". Senator William Fulbright - The Pentagon Propaganda Machine, 1971.
- "The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values of religion (to which few members of other civilizations were converted), but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do". Samuel Phillips Huntington - The Clash of Civilizations, Chapter Two.
- “The British Empire was a long period of continual rape, pillage and murder, barely hidden under a blanket of Victorian moralising”. Gareth Hughes, Priest, Church of England. 2010.
- As one ascends the gradient of societal values, we observe how contentious things become, as we highlight that important people ascribe to a biological superiority to whom others must subordinate themselves as a cultural imperative. Their populations now raised on a diet of vacuous virtue signalling for endless moral exhibitionism, along with the dubious moral imperative of lecturing others on right minded behaviour.
- There are no true democracies in The West. On matters of importance, it operates from the dark corners of institutional white papers and the secretive meetings of banking elites, oil companies and armaments manufacturers. The media propaganda surrounding this is magical. Thus, the myth of Western Goodness is virtually unassailable. And so . . .
- Politics in The West is now, by and large, the province of mediocrities who lack scruples while skilled at lies, deceptions and corrupt practices and are good for appearing with talk show hosts to show off their musical talents, should they have any, while avoiding deeper political matters.
- Another perspective. The West reflects a narrow cosmopolitan vision amongst "people of consequence" who network endlessly amongst themselves and bask in their peer approval. This has opened a deep polarization within their own societies and is about to be made much worse through a huge elevation in the cost of living.
- As a popular, "not political" obsequious American pro-Democrat political media comic front man put it while "interviewing" presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard - "We exist as a force for good in the world". Sure - count the dead. Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Somalia, Yemen, Haiti, Vietnam, Libya, Laos, Indonesia, Aceh, China, Japan, Korea, Egypt, The Congo (with the Brits and Belgiums, thus so giving credit where credit is due). Ukraine now. Check pictures at end.
- This admits an important media propaganda principle. Influence the influencer. Their ardent admirers follow.
- And of the US biological weapons laboratories in The Ukraine? Just how is that to be covered over? The Russian Government has flagged war crimes tribunals. Washington does not explain why it doesn’t want an effective international verification mechanism for bio weapons.
- US Patent 8967029 3/3/2015 Toxic Mosquito Aerial Release System. "A device for the aerial release of mosquitoes includes an unmanned aerial vehicle operable by remote control. It carries a container holding a central processing unit and a mosquito breeding bin, which is a self-contained Volume housing mosquitoes and a mosquito food having a toxin Suitable to be transmitted by mosquito bite . . . ". Associated with a bio-weapons laboratory in a Stan state on the Russian border. But hey, we don’t do biochemical warfare.
- Any 'analysis' of this Ukrainian War begins with understanding of who the enemy is and that The Ukraine is a proxy. The Western mainstream media studiously avoid this recognition and thus so run flawed narratives. Their true believers cannot therefore understand what will unfold in months and years.
- All Kremlinologists are frauds. They have no sources inside the Kremlin. How to tell? The claims of Vlad Putin tantrums, of being mislead by his ministers, of leaks and leakers, if true, would remain one of the most tightly held pieces of Western intelligence. If it's front page news, it's invented to influence our thoughts.
- Ukraine Government has fired up first on war crimes trials, held (staged?) a fast trial of a Russian soldier, sentenced to life imprisonment and then offered up for a prisoner exchange with Russia, all in the same two weeks.
>>>On Strategy and War<<<
- Nations don't go to war; business elites and their political elites go to war, using under-educated working class people to take the shots.
- "These plunderers of the world [the Romans], after exhausting the land by their devastations, are rifling the ocean: stimulated by avarice, if their enemy be rich; by ambition, if poor; unsatiated by the East and by the West: the only people who behold wealth and indigence with equal avidity. To ravage, to slaughter, to usurp under false titles, they call empire; and where they make a desert, they call it peace". Calgacus, first chief of the Caledonians and enemy of Imperial Rome. 1st century A.D. As quoted by Tacitus.
- Ukraine is a continuation of the WWII project to destroy Russia. Russia understands that the US and the UK intends to destroy the nation, kill most of them and steal Russia's resources. Putin removed the rose-colored veil. Russia wages a sacred war of survival. The West wages a commercial war. Russia is in it to the end. Thus the Russian Military was built to defeat NATO, not The Ukraine, which now provides the Russian Military with live practice. Alternatively . . .
- The conflict in Ukraine is not just a regional skirmish between two quarrelsome neighbors, nor is it a proxy-war between NATO and Russia. Ukraine is the first phase of a broader plan for crushing Russia, collapsing its economy, removing its leaders, seizing its natural resources, splintering its territory (Grand Chessboard dreaming 1997) and projecting US power across Central Asia to the Pacific Rim. Ukraine is about hegemony, empire, and pure, unalloyed power. Ukraine is the first battle in a Third World War, a war that was concocted and launched by Washington to ensure another unchallenged century of American primacy. Check the cities on the map.
- Western arming of untrained Ukrainian civilians as a sort of territorial defense group pitched against a professional Russian army or any army gives them a battlefield life expectancy measured in minutes. US-UK-NATO understand that they cannot defeat the Russian Armed Forces and so applies strategies of attrition. Problem is, it is the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) who are attrited. Russian Armed Forces grow stronger.
- The Russian Government does not care if Finland joins NATO. They care if missiles and nuclear weapons are there. Russian Armed Forces now reported as placing hypersonic Iskanders very close to Finland. Other dangerous weapons reported to be moved closer. The Finnish Government is led by fools. Check what one hypersonic Iskander does to a Ukrainian missile battery and (invisible) crew. Unstoppable - as reported.
- Finland may be sacrificed so NATO Article V can be invoked. But then Vlad Putin stated that we will strike both the launch pads and decision centres. The end of Proxy Wars? One may infer that all the target sites in Western Europe and certain Stan states have been war gamed.
- Mainstream media ventilate hysterically about Russia's Ukraine planning - "They don't tell us their plans". No-one ever does. I reached for my copy of that classic military work by the ancient Chinese general SunTzu. As he phrased it - “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt”. We can infer Russian High Command tactical and logistical strangulation. Slow, careful, then use of standoff weapons once the Ukrainian city populations are clear of battle zones. Canadian "heroic" sniper Wali arrived in The Ukraine and fled back to Canada soon after. Russian Armed Forces do not come with no real training, they do not wear sandals and they don't use old Kalishnikovs. Think Afghanistan here.
- Both Russia, with China and The United States are fighting for survival. It appears likely the US will lose this one and go the way of Imperial Britain.
- The collapse of US power is in the loss of US dollar dominance in trade transactions. Of Russia's natural resource exports - No US$s accepted. Think uranium, timber, rare earths, titanium, platinum, palladium and more. Expect the food sector to go that way - fish, wheat, grains, vegetables. A Made In Washington affair. When they realize their position of lost dominance is irreversible, will they pull the pin and go nuclear? Depends who is "in the room". Much talk has attended usable nuclear weapons and tactical strikes.
>>>On Russia and China and The US<<<
- According to former US Army Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, Colin Powell’s chief of staff and who was responsible for the Iraqi WMD and Anthrax speech script and, of that, has admitted "we lied", has indicated that the US Administration is planning for a protracted Ukrainian conflict.
"They are extremely desirous of a protracted conflict because they want to effect regime change in Moscow, destabilize Russia and then take on China. That is their long-term geopolitical strategy”.
- "About eight years ago, when the idea of membership of Ukraine in NATO came up, I wrote an article in which I said that the ideal outcome would be if Ukraine could be constituted as a neutral kind of state, as a bridge between Russia and Europe" and Ukraine "should not join NATO, a position I took seven years ago, when it last came up" - Henry Kissinger 23rd May 2022.
- Kissinger warned that " . . . pursuing the war beyond that point (two months more) would turn it not into a war about the freedom of Ukraine, which had been undertaken with great cohesion by NATO, but into a war against Russia itself" . . . “Russia has for 400 years been an essential part of Europe". Kissinger added that Europe should be careful “so that Russia is not driven into a permanent alliance with China" . . ."A conflict with modern technology conducted in the absence of any preceding arms control negotiations, so that there are no established criteria of limitations, will be a catastrophe for humankind". Davos WEF May, 2022.
- Kissinger continues. "We are now faced with technologies where the rapidity of exchange, the subtlety of the inventions, can produce levels of catastrophe that were not even imaginable. Understand that we are now living in a totally new era and we have gotten away with neglecting that aspect". Unimaginable for those who don't pay attention, distracted as they are by entertainment. Most peoples ideas of weapons and power come from a rudimentary grasp of WWII battles and slick Hollywood productions.
- It's 2007 and Vlad Putin becomes the Western elite’s “bête noire” for his pivotal Munich speech. Up to then, Russia had only moderately reacted to NATO's eastward expansion. The long history of US Russian military cooperation evaporates.
Kissinger accepting his invitation to join The Club of Kremlin Stooges.
- Russia's legitimate and long stated security concerns, supported by some in the US national security apparatus, are now a media propaganda campaign of ignoring the long predicted Ukrainian crisis and running a sequence of grade school psychological profiles that trivialize Russian national concerns as little more than the psychotic whim of a troubled leader. Check in with TV Dr. Phil who helpfully informed us that Vlad Putin was deranged. A common theme for non-compliant foreign leaders.
- American policymakers have concluded that Russian is more useful to them as an enemy than an ally. That idea was pulled from the old hat of “civilizational dominance theories” to justify a new conflict based on an “insurmountable difference” of civilizational values. From another old hat, neoliberalism was taken out as the main condition for democratization and modernization. Kissinger again . . .
- “For the West, the demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.” Henry Kissinger, 2014.
- "Ukrainian entry into NATO is the brightest of all red lines for the Russian elite . . . In more than two and a half years of conversations with key Russian players . . . I have yet to find anyone who views Ukraine in NATO as anything other than a direct challenge to Russian interests". William Burns, then US Russian Ambassador's 2008 memo to then-Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
- "The liberal class has retreated into boutique activism where issues of class, capitalism and militarism are jettisoned for “cancel culture,” multiculturalism and identity politics. Liberals are cheer-leading the war in Ukraine". Chris Hedges, former New York Times war correspondent.
- “Overextending and Unbalancing Russia” RAND Corporation strategy document 2019 says many things including threatening Russia with nuclear weapons placed nearby. International law, democracy or human rights do not count. Maintaining US supremacy counts. Ukraine does not count. Certain Western countries have acted to prolong the conflict by shipping in armaments the AFU cannot properly use and thus so lead to increased casualties, hopefully on the Russian side as per US - NATO - UK planning.
- The world's finest fighting force, the entire US military operates on contrived missions, corrupt practices, M.I.C. greed and profit, loss of professionalism, generals who are businessmen, a false pride and massive incompetence. It can kill (think air power against third world countries) but cannot fight and win. It does not state what victory is for its Operations. In a war with a near peer, it would be destroyed. Russia and China are not near peers. Lloyd Austin told us - We have to weaken Russia. You weaken those who are stronger. Ukrainians are the expendables in that machine. Are other European countries next? They would not be markets for US exports.
- For the protection of Europe. Sandia National Laboratories technologists testing a B61-12 nuclear weapon. Tail kit improves accuracy, enables it to glide accurately toward its target. That improvement went through around the time that Barrack Obama as president received his Nobel Peace Prize, following on from his European address on a world free of Nuclear Weapons.
- If The West thought the Russian Armed Forces did not have the manpower, the weapons and the munitions to destroy NATO and beyond, they would have directly invaded The Ukraine and widened the war into Russia. They know that Russia is using a fraction of its capacity and destroying the numerically superior and highly trained and well armed - by NATO, US, UK - Ukrainian Armed Forces. Lloyd Austin called Sergie Shoigu to ask for a ceasefire, as per Pentagon press release, mid-May 2022. The winning side writes the post-conflict terms. They dictate; they do not ask.
- In the larger geopolitical spectrum, the non-stop war of attrition by the Empire against Russia with Ukraine as a pawn is a war against the New Silk Roads. Maidan Square in 2014 took place months after the launching of China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), then OBOR (One Belt, One Road) in Kazakhstan and Indonesia. It's also a war on the Russian concept of Greater Eurasia Partnership. An all-out war on Eurasia integration.
- It's 1994 and the US Department of Energy calculates that there are colossal oil and natural gas reserves in the Caspian region. The Caspian Sea, the world’s largest inland body of water, is bordered by Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan.
- Russia and China no longer care for integration with The West. Arab states have realized this for over 100 years, that period of Western intervention and resource extraction, at much personal cost - to them.
- The Ukraine Proxy War against Russia has not gone well, not gone to plan. The fundamental principle of any war, hot, cold or merely economic. It reads like this: War is a very democratic affair--the enemy also has a say. And you are the enemy, to them.
- "As the United States learned in Vietnam and Afghanistan, an insurgency that has reliable supply lines, ample reserves of fighters, and sanctuary over the border can sustain itself indefinitely, sap an occupying army’s will to fight, and exhaust political support for the occupation at home.” Douglas London, ex-CIA. Russia has some 75% of the world's physical resources, all under one government, in a large country with a small population, unspoilt forests and rivers.
- The only option for Washington was to block European purchases of Russian energy by creating the circumstances for Russian armed forces to enter The Ukraine, then claim that avenging this response outweighs any purely national economic interest. A short term benefit to US Big Oil.
- The Russian financial system is now stable; its currency has more than recouped initial falls; and its balance of trade has ballooned as a result of today’s higher oil and commodity prices. Paradoxically the Russian financial situation is stronger than that of many European economies.
Three reasons the US and NATO / The West cannot abandon the war in Ukraine now:
1. US mid-term Elections;
2. The Presidential campaign which attends the mid-term;
3. Comparison with the Afghanistan disaster - ie: rapid abandonment of Bagram AFB, US B$85 in weapons and equipment abandoned to The Taliban and large numbers of very pissed off Middle Eastern people who are not know to forgive and forget, the obvious chaos at that airport, the death of 13 US troops and finally, the much publicized deadly US missile strike that killed seven children and three adults.
- An apology was offered. But to whom was this really directed? Publicized as it was in the English language media. Considering . . .
- General knowledge question. How many airborne strikes took place over the twenty year Afghan Campaign? Ninety three thousand, as per Pentagon data. General knowledge question. The value of weapons left behind in Iraq that went to arm ISIS? Six hundred million US dollars. As per Pentagon data.
- Gordon Change wrote the book "The Coming Collapse of China" - 2001. Heavily referenced and well argued. Just happened to be wrong. Fear is promoted every day of an impending contraction of the Chinese economy and the overthrow of the leadership. The script is unchanged China overtook the economies of The West years ago. For forecasters and authors, there is a market opportunity - The Coming Collapse of . . . Any number of resource deficit countries qualify.
- From the US Defense Department Fact Sheet: 2022 National Defense Strategy:
“The Department will act urgently to sustain and strengthen deterrence, with the People’s Republic of China (PRC) as our most consequential strategic competitor and the pacing challenge for the Department”. And much more. They’re going to be busy.
>>>Ukrainian War Specifics<<<
- “War is too important to be left to Politicians. They have neither the time, the training or the inclination for Strategic Thought". Here, President Zelensky in a previous career assignment. Any other credentials for government leadership? Check . . . playing a piano with something or other. We are also played - for fools.
- Military experienced professionals have concluded that it suits Russian political and armed forces objectives to have the Ukrainian president where he is. They could have obliterated all Ukrainian government offices, the Ukrainian government, all media channels and domestic communications in the first 48 hours of their artillery blitz, as reported. Neither the Russian Armed Forces, who run the war, nor the Russian Government, have ever published their plans for The Ukraine. Much is written. Much is imagined.
- Political leaders taking an active hand in military campaigns is a recipe for bad outcomes - for them. This may have applied with the recent AFU manoeuver at Snake Island, possibly planned by UK armed forces and impressed upon President Zelensky. Motivation possibly to create a media event as a counterweight to Russia’s Victory Day celebrations. I emphasize “possibly”. The Russian High Command is not about winning The Media war. They just win wars.
- Joe Biden's speech in Warsaw was to entice the Polish Armed Forces to move into The Ukraine and attack Russian Forces. Attrition. They may try that. When a strategy does not work, one option is to double down. Using other countries' armed forces and your weapons.
April 26, 2022 meeting of defense ministers from NATO, Africa, Asian and the Middle Eastern states — at the U.S. military base in Ramstein, Germany, to coordinate the bolstering of Ukraine’s defense capabilities. From left - General Mark Milley, Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, then Lloyd Austin US Defense Secretary.
- Money may makes the US world go around but massively expensive shipments of armaments to The Ukraine does not magically produce trained, capable and motivated Ukrainian forces who are capable of using such weapons in a structured and coordinated war. Military professionals point to the years and decades of experience necessary to operate as a professional army. As they report.
- Making their way in . . . Howitzers.
- Zelensky was elected on the promise he would make peace with Russia. The far-right fanatics have threatened to kill him if he did. May 2019, on the Ukrainian media Obozrevatel, Dmytro Yarosh, head of the “Pravy Sektor” militia and adviser to the Army Commander in Chief, openly threatened Zelensky with death. As reported, he is protected by US and UK special forces.
- One for the armchair geo-political thought leaders and Eastern European continental specialists. On America's longest war, 20 years in Afghanistan. What precisely was the reason for going in, after lining up Saddham, then how many reasons given? Just what were US forces and their intelligence operatives doing - for twenty years? What was achieved, with over 200,000 US plus Australian, New Zealand, UK and NATO service personnel, why did the Pentagon withdraw and why so suddenly? Who do you know who can directly answer any of this.
- We are grateful, here in Australia, for this 18 word summation of the Afghan campaign by a liberal left favourite radio host. "The AfghanWar. Was it a good thing? Was it a bad thing? I guess we'll never know". We know. Australian mainstream media applies a blackout on any substantive discussion of foreign policy.
- The narrative of the US triumph over Russia in an Afghan quagmire is now entrenched as one of America’s foundational myths and is untrue. What the ‘Afghan Project’ did achieve was to ruin Afghanistan for decades – and to spin off ‘collateral damage’ from the inserted lethal variant of political Islam, then highly contagious, spreading into The West, to bring on-stream Washington's foreign policy Next Big Thing - the ‘War on Terror’. Who remembers?
- Russian Armed Forces cited three reasons for intervention into The Ukraine. The forthcoming new attack by AFU forces on the eastern provinces, the presence of US biological weapons laboratories in The Ukraine (also some of the Stan states) and the intention to install nuclear weapons in The Ukraine via NATO membership. Various laws of war also referenced.
- “Russia built the logistical stockpiles of ammunition, machines, parts and transport for years, planning on a war against NATO. Without debt. They can run the MIC without waste and corruption. The West is going broke, its citizens are suffering from runaway inflation, recession is knocking on the door and behind it could be a taste of depression as the petro dollar is buried and the USD as reserve currency is suffocated in derivatives and debts”. From an eastern European blog. We shall see.
- Russia has gone to war with NATO in The Ukraine and their principle backers - Washington and London. An AFU loss is their loss. If they cannot realize this and find a way to invoke Article V, European targets are destroyed by Russian standoff weapons. The Ukraine is the new graveyard of empires.
- The realities of the AFU strategy indicate a fatal concept, trained in by NATO / UK / US forces. Maginot Line logic. An AFU strategy of static defense - ie: dug in and then separation of force structure that lost connectivity with the destruction of AFU command and control in the first few day, so leaving them to the mercy of Russian Forces. Their only tactic - human shields. Abandon hiding behind their own population and they fall. Obscured by mainstream Western media and their talking heads. As is the many killed in the eastern Ukrainian provinces by AFU over several years, also obscured by mainstream Western media.
- On the available evidence - The only battle that the AFU knows is the battle taught to them by their NATO advisors, which is to shell civilian territory and hide behind civilian captives.
- From the very diplomatic Russian FM Lavrov: “Ukraine - No one wants Ukraine. They are an expendable country in this hybrid war against the Russian Federation. No one has doubts anymore”. The language has changed. They now say clearly that Ukraine is a tool and the fight is against Russia by the West. Like Afghans, Iraqis, Yemenis, Somalis and others, Ukrainians die.
- Wars enable black market operations in weapons and ammunition. Expect Western supplied weapons to be used by terrorist groups in Europe, as they are sold off by corrupt Ukrainian political leaders and oligarchs. Check - Vietnam War, Iraq War.
- President Zelensky is the embodiment of that Seinfeld bizzaro moment. No credentials from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, no armed forces career, no intelligence agency career. The now basis of national leadership. Beautifully staged managed media by his New York press agency. He appears in casual clothing. He appears in military fatigues. Winning the largely uncontested media war does not actually win the real war. He can also appear in his multi-million dollar mansions in Florida and Tel Aviv, as per sources.
- The mainstream Western media publish Ukrainian media propaganda, uncontested. Even as the AFU collapses.
- Ukrainian media propaganda of constant defeats against Russian forces is not intended for Western audiences. The target is battle fatigued AFU soldiers. The presidential directive to fight to the death is a counter to the Russian Government's announcement of a war crimes tribunal, for what was done to the Eastern provinces. Hence the requirement, of them, to fight to the death. Not all have, or will. Interestingly, Russia does not have the death penalty. The Eastern Ukrainian states do.
- Russian Armed Forces are destroying the largest and well trained army in Europe. With numerically less numbers. The Ukrainian loss is a US loss, a UK loss, a NATO loss. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin's call to Shoigu admits to failure, requesting the “losing” Russian Army to stop. As reported, Stage II of Russia’s Special Military Operation will be quicker than Stage I, as reported. Beyond that, little is revealed. Much speculation attends.
- The Russian military is set with men, machines, fuel, ammo, missiles, trucks and hundreds of thousands of troops, in case NATO enters the war, all held in reserve. The Russian Armed Forces are prepared if the US or Brussels decide not to give up on their Proxy War.
- TheUkraine has had introduced into it a highly virulent variant of European fascism that combine all the features of Nazism, such as antisemitism, extreme nationalism and violence but without being unified into a single doctrine by clever people like Dr. Goebbels. The Russian Government has stated its central objective is to stamp it out. Expected to take years. Russia owns the outcome and will dictate the terms.
- It appears that the energy and commodity resources of the Heartland will be withheld from Europe and the US. America’s commodity and collateral base to its debt pyramid will be disrupted as values soar. The global economy will separate into two trading systems. A Eurasian Economic Union, commodity-based and trading a basket of currencies and gold. Europe will descend into general poverty whereas the rich elites retreat to guarded states. The EU geniuses bet their entire future on Russia collapsing. It is they that collapse. The US will not help them but exploit them for profit.
- As the Russian Armed Forces methodically grind down the AFU in Eastern Ukraine, a new NATO army is being trained and weaponized in Western Ukraine. The Russian Armed Forces will encounter a better weaponized and mobile creation of the army it is now destroying. The full meaning of what Washington intends in “weakening” Russia. Others will be sacrificed into this meat grinder. Who are the paid stooges? Finland, Sweden, Norway, Poland. The strategies of the Russian Forces must inevitably change, from tactical engagement to mass wipe outs using mega-weapons.
- The pain dial for the collective West points up - inflation, commodity price hikes, supply chain breakdowns, an exploding cost of living, middle classes impoverishment and for great swathes of the Global South, starvation.
- But, as the Russian Armed Forces are running out of ammunition and Russian soldiers are surrendering to Ukrainian folk and begging for food, it is no longer necessary to continue to reequip the AFU. As per Western media reports . . .
>>>Growth of Nazism<<<
- Here the United nations vote 2020 on combating Nazism. Check who voted in favour, who against - two states and who abstained. This defines foreign policy. Not the lying narratives of well paid media presstitutes and media program hosts . . .
- Ukrainian Right Sector co-founder Dmytro Yarosh, then the commander of the Ukrainian Volunteer Army, responded one week after Zelensky’s inaugural speech. “He will hang on some tree on Khreshchatyk – if he betrays Ukraine and those people who died in the Revolution and the War”. Meaning a peace deal or any deal with the eastern Russian speaking provinces.
- On October 2021, the Jerusalem Post published a report on the training of Ukrainian far-right militias by American, British, French and Canadian Armed Forces.
The creme de la creme of NATO-trained neo-Nazis, “advised” by top Western experts, weaponized to death, entrenched in deep concrete anti-nuclear bunkers underneath Azovstal, were first pulverized and the rest surrendered. They will not be going home. Everyone wants to live. Well, most anyway.
- Zelensky is Jewish, therefore he must be opposed to the Ukrainian extreme right and pro-Nazis, right?
The End. Some pictures of conflict scenes and outcomes follow.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices". Attributed to Voltaire 1694 - 1778, possibly one of the more accurate of numerous translations.
- Thousands of mines being cleared from the southern Ukrainian waters. As reported.
- Family held captive, Eastern Ukraine.
- Misguided mercenaries - read amateurs . . . Urged on in certain Western countries and permitted to travel. They talked in terms of going On Safari to shoot Russians. Many have been killed, also permanently disabled. Giving aid to mercenaries and acting as one is a crime under International Law. Little is said. In place of International Law is The Rules Based International Order. Neat.
- Azov Unit
- From Eastern Ukraine . . .
- From Eastern European media. Why don't you know this? Because we are poorly served by the Western mainstream populist media and their highly paid, highly likeable media employees. Resorting as they do to thought terminating, cliched presentations. Peddlers of the Official Narrative of the Moment. Boosters for foreign wars and never to have faced down the bullets.
“No matter how cynical you become, it’s never enough to keep up". Lily Tomlin.
“As soon as an advanced civilization creates the means to destroy itself, it proceeds to do so”. Dr. Ernst Mayr, 1904 - 2005, Evolutionary Biologist, on the question of the existence of intelligent life somewhere else in the universe. There is none.
“Madness in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs it is the rule”. Friedrich Nietzsche, 1884 - 1900.
References include statements, articles and books by Jacques Baud - NATO Intelligence Officer, Stephen Colbert, Dr. Henry Kissinger, Vladimir Putin, Arthur Ponsonby, Dr. Sam Huntington, Rand Corporation, British Defense Department, Scott Ritter - former US Armed Forces, Volodimir Zelensky - Professional Actor, Dmytro Yarosh, Sergei Lavrov - Russian FM, Lloyd Austin - US Defense Secretary, Colonel Douglas Macgregor, Madelaine Albright, Philip K. Dick, J. K. Galbraith, General Wesley Clark, Dr. Michael Hudson, Dr. John Mearsheimer, Dean Acheson, Dr. Paul Roberts, Senator Fulbright, Dr. Strangelove.
27th May, 2022. Melbourne, Australia.
Thank you for this, Les. (From a disillusioned American living in Europe.)
Nice OV-1 (1st graphic - Operational View). Very DoD-like.